Business Support Manager
Business Support Manager, Brain in Hand Ltd
Based at: The Innovation Centre, University of Exeter
Full time with salary range: £21k to £24k pa
Reporting to: Chief Finance Officer
The role and person specification
We are looking for a Business Support Manager to join our team and play a key role in building a customer-focused, agile organisation with employees who are properly supported to do their jobs to the best of their abilities.
Our ideal candidate is somebody with experience of HR processes and Office Management, with excellent organisational skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail. The role will also involve basic Finance related tasks so numeracy and accuracy are very important, although previous experience in this area is not essential.
We are a growing team and this is an excellent opportunity to utilise and expand your skills as you will be involved in every aspect of supporting us. You’ll be a key player in activities such as investigating potential new office premises, ensuring all our new starters are properly welcomed into the team, considering how data protection requirements might affect how we conduct our business and helping to ensure our customers pay us on time.
The role will be based at our head office on the University of Exeter campus, reporting to the Chief Finance Officer. It will suit a self-starting individual who wants to develop their career with a proactive, exciting and rapidly growing technology-based business.
To apply, please email a tailored CV and 1 page covering letter outlining why you feel you would be particularly suited to taking on this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to discuss any aspect of the role or application process in more detail, please call Anne Stenning (CFO) on 01392 247909 for an informal chat.
Closing date: 10am on Monday 2nd July 2018
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Work with managers to help embed HR processes across the company
- Administer and review HR processes to ensure all staff are treated consistently and fairly
- Review, revise as appropriate and coordinate the induction process for all new starters
- Maintain organisation chart including departmental responsibilities
- Line management responsibilities for Administration Support Officer
- Work with CFO to research and investigate potential new office premises
- Ensure DSE assessments are conducted regularly for all employees
- Manage all aspects of the office accommodation e.g. ensuring sufficient office equipment is available and fit for purpose, reviewing and rearranging the office layout as required, conducting regular basic health and safety checks
- Team support – oversee train and hotel booking, expense claim processing, room bookings, parking permits and other adhoc duties as required
- Review and approve sales and purchase invoices
- Oversee the setup of new suppliers and customers
- Oversee bank reconciliation
- Follow up with customers if invoices are overdue and highlight any potential payment problems to the CFO
- Generate reports from the finance system
- Assist CFO with other accounting tasks as required
Policies and processes
- Review internal work processes in conjunction with those responsible for their implementation to ensure the processes are complete and up to date
- Assist CFO in ensuring data protection considerations are properly embedded across the team and within our work processes
- Manage policies and processes on the company website
Skills and Experience:
- Able to take the initiative, be self-sufficient and be responsible for own work
- Able to plan and identify priorities and see tasks through to completion
- Excellent organisational and inter-personal skills
- Numerate with an excellent attention to detail
- An ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Have own ideas and be able to shape them collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel
- Awareness of, and ideally experience of, dealing sensitively with HR issues
- Experience of working in a start up / small business (desirable)
Ongoing Recruitment - Specialist Trainers
Specialist Trainers: Self-Employed, UK-Wide, Competitive Hourly Rate
We are always interested to hear from outstanding, motivated individuals with the skills to support end-users to
- Set-up their Brain in Hand accounts
- identify barriers to achieving their goals
- build strategies to overcome them
- input their strategies and so they are available when they need them the most.
Sessions may be delivered in users’ own home, or at their place of work or education. On occasion you may also train small teams of supporters to use the system and appropriately implement Brain in Hand into their working practices.
Trainers will need to have professional or personal experience of supporting those with mental health difficulties, autism or brain injury and an understanding of the impact these conditions may have on learning, confidence and independence would be very valuable in this role.
An understanding of person-centred working and solution-focused techniques is essential, as well as experience in coaching/training/mentoring individuals. However, most important is the ability to communicate and quickly build rapport with people who might find communication difficult.
A good working knowledge of support and funding available within health/social care/education would be an advantage, but not essential. However, you must be confident working with basic technology – iOS and android phones, downloading apps, accessing the internet on laptops/PCs, using Skype, etc.
This is an open-ended application process and we would currently particularly like to hear from individuals in Scotland, London and the South East. Applicants must have their own transport.
If you are looking for an exciting new project to supplement your existing work, please register your interest with us by submitting a CV, and a short (one-side of A4 max) covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, to Sarah Todd on email@example.com
Applying for jobs
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or direct to the email address specified in the role advert.