HE Support Officer
Higher Education Support Officer, Brain in Hand Ltd
Based at: The Innovation Centre, University of Exeter
Full time: 40 hours per week
Salary range: £7.83 per hour
Temporary position (3 months) with potential for permanent role
Reporting to: HE Business Development Manager
We are a young, fast growing company who have developed innovative technology to support people to live more independent and fulfilling lives. Our main focus to date has been on people with Autism and Asperger’s syndrome, but we are increasingly applying this to other areas such as acquired brain injury or broader mental health conditions.
We have clients all over the country and the list is growing quickly. We work with Local Authorities, the NHS, Universities, private and third sector providers as well as individuals who use Brain in Hand by themselves. Brain in Hand is helping them improve outcomes for users and of course, helping users be the best that they can be.
The Higher Education Support Officer’s primary role is to provide administrative support to the Business Development and Programme Teams in their direct work with individual Brain in Hand student users and their supporters, higher education providers, needs assessors and assistive technology resellers supplying Brain in Hand.
- Patient and able to communicate at all levels (written and verbal)
- A team player
- Good phone manner and customer service skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise own time / workload and work to deadlines
- Ability to coordinate others
- IT literate (spreadsheets, data entry / collation, CRMsystems) and competent with MS office
- Attention to detail / accuracy
- Flexibility to suit the needs of the business
- Experience of project support
- Some exposure to a Social Care / Health Care environment would be beneficial but not essential.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Processing new orders
- Maintaining and updating client records
- Responding to enquiries / requests for information within set time frames
- Invoice generation, chasing payments and resolving queries
- Coordinating specialist training allocation and delivery
- Error checking data and resolving difficulties
- Collating information and undertaking simple data analysis
- Other tasks as necessary to support the business.
To apply please send a CV and a short (one page) covering note explaining why you think you are a good fit for the role to HR@braininhand.co.uk for the attention of our HE Development Manager, Sarah Todd.
Closing date: 4pm on Friday 10th August 2018
Please apply early as we are expecting a high volume of applicants and may close the job advert before this date.
Business Development Manager, Central Region
Brain in Hand is an award-winning software company, offering a system to support people with autism, mental health conditions, learning difficulties and brain injury, that’s proven to increase independence, transforming lives. Unique in its offering, it has endorsement from the country’s leading autism charity, and sells its system into Local Authorities, Higher Education, schools, NHS, and is growing fast.
To keep pace with demand and capitalise upon opportunities, we’re looking to recruit a business development manager to grow our existing customer base, whilst driving the sales cycle from prospect identification to initial customer engagement and ultimately close the sale.
You will be supported by a strong implementation team, and good office based sales and marketing, but will also be required to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative to identify and qualify new business prospects.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with experience selling into the Local Authority and / or Higher Education sector. Goal-oriented, you will have a proven track record of delivering results against targets, form strong customer relationships, be a strong communicator and hold exceptional people skills.
The role will be responsible for the Central region, reporting to the UK Business Development Director. The position will suit a motivated sales professional who is looking to develop their career whilst adding significant value to a growing organisation.
Geography: Responsibility for Brain in Hand’s Central region, which covers Wales and West Midlands, East Midlands and the East of England.
Key responsibilities include:
* Liaise with business development director to develop sales plan for central region
* Identify, pursue and convert new sales leads, working with our PR and marketing leads, and with telesales support.
* Liaise with existing customers to identify and create opportunities for growth.
* Develop and submit compelling sales proposals.
* Conduct commercial negotiations.
* Gather client feedback, develop customer advocates, who will participate in case studies, video, press work etc.
* Sales pipeline management, including annual and quarterly forecasting, monthly reporting, CRM management
* Support marketing communications and specific campaigns across the region, including developing sales material
* Input to our outward facing communications e.g. website, social media, direct mail and thought pieces.
* Ensure excellent client service and client experience.
* Stay up to date with new product features and implementation approaches.
Experience and Skills:
* Up to three year’s experience in Public Sector sales.
* Healthcare, or a product/service with an in-depth complex purchase, is an advantage.
* Empathetic and consultative approach to understanding customers’ needs and introducing suitable solutions.
* Able to demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, excellent customer service.
* Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* An ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Good organisational skills.
* An ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
* Experience with CRM systems.
* Proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel.
This position will be field based and as there will be travel involved with the role, you will need your own transport and hold a clean, valid driving licence.
Salary: £35-37k base salary, with attractive commission package.
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter to: HR@braininhand.co.uk for the attention of Paul Allis, Business Development Director.
Closing date – 10th August 2018.
Ongoing Recruitment - Specialist Trainers
Self-Employed, UK-Wide, Competitive Hourly Rate
We are always interested to hear from outstanding, motivated individuals with the skills to support end-users to:
- identify barriers to achieving their goals
- build strategies to overcome them
- set-up their Brain in Hand accounts
- input their strategies and so they are available when they need them the most
- use Brain in Hand collaboratively with their supporters.
Sessions may be delivered in users’ own home, or at their place of work or education. On occasion you may also train small teams of supporters to use the system and appropriately implement Brain in Hand into their working practices.
Trainers will need to have professional or personal experience of supporting those with mental health difficulties, autism SpLDs or brain injury and an understanding of the impact these conditions may have on learning, confidence and independence would be very valuable in this role.
An understanding of person-centred working and solution-focused techniques is essential, as well as experience in coaching/training/mentoring individuals. Experience working within Higher Education / DSA funded provision would be beneficial. However, most important is the ability to communicate and quickly build rapport with people who might find communication difficult.
A good working knowledge of support and funding available within health/social care/education would be an advantage, but not essential. However, you must be confident working with basic technology – iOS and android smartphones and tablet devices, downloading apps, accessing the internet on laptops/PCs, cloud-based software, using Skype, etc.
This is an open-ended application process and we would currently particularly like to hear from individuals in West Midlands, East of England and East Anglia, London and the South East of England. Applicants must have their own transport.
If you are looking for an exciting new project to supplement your existing work please register your interest with us by submitting a CV, and a short (one-side of A4 max) covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Sarah Todd, HE Development Manager, on HEinfo@braininhand.co.uk
Applying for jobs
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or direct to the email address specified in the role advert.