Service Delivery Manager
Full-Time (job share will be considered)
Office-based in Exeter with some regional and occasional national travel
Reporting to the Service Delivery Director
Brain in Hand is a dynamic and rapidly growing technology company with a mission to transform the lives of people with autism, mental health difficulties and neurological conditions using cloud-base software and high quality in-person support.
Our Service Delivery team is responsible for ensuring that our customers have a first-class experience, from their initial enquiry about our services to being established Brain in hand users. The team deals with requests for information, orders and purchases, liaises with family members and support organisations and coordinates the set up and delivery of the ongoing specialist support for Brain in Hand users.
Our users access Brain in Hand via a range of funding streams including Education Health & Care Plans, Disabled Students’ Allowance, Access to Work Grants and private purchase.
Due to our continuing and rapid company expansion we are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic and values-driven professional to lead on Service Delivery and shape this new role to make a signification contribution to the growth of the business.
We are looking for someone who has a proven track record of project management within a user-led customer service environment and would like to hear from outstanding individuals with the skills to develop and manage our Service Delivery processes in a customer-focussed way.
This role is office-based in Exeter, but some regional (and occasionally national) travel will be required in order to support our field-based Specialists, engage with key stakeholders and to attend events as necessary.
For full details, including the role specification and skills and experience required, can be found here: Brain in Hand Service Delivery Manager – April 2019
If you are looking to be part of a passionate, fast-growing team, please register your interest with us by submitting a tailored CV and a short covering letter (one-side of A4 max) outlining your suitability for the role.
Applications should be addressed to Sarah Todd, Service Delivery Director, at HR@braininhand.co.uk.
The closing date for this role is 4pm on Thursday April 25th.
Brain in Hand Specialists
Self-Employed, UK-Wide, Competitive Hourly Rate
We are interested to hear from outstanding, motivated individuals with the skills to support a caseload of end-users to:
- identify barriers to achieving their goals
- build individual strategies to overcome them
- set-up their Brain in Hand accounts
- input their strategies so they are available when they need them the most
- use Brain in Hand collaboratively with their supporters.
Sessions may be delivered in users’ own home, or at their place of work, education or support. On occasion you may also support Programme Managers in training small teams of supporters to use the system and appropriately integrate Brain in Hand into their working practices.
Skills and Experience
Potential Brain in Hand Specialist Trainers must have:
- professional or personal experience of supporting those with mental health difficulties, autism, SpLDs or brain injury
- an understanding of the impact hidden impairments may have on learning, confidence and independence
- an understanding of person-centred working and solution-focused techniques
- experience in coaching / training / mentoring individuals
- patience and the ability to communicate and quickly build rapport with people with anxiety or who might find communication difficult (both written and verbally)
- the ability to manage and prioritise your own time and caseload, and work to strict deadlines
- the ability to coordinate others
- attention to detail / accuracy
- flexibility to suit the needs of the business and be a team player.
You must also be confident working with technology – iOS and Android smartphones and tablet devices, downloading apps, internet and wifi connectivity on laptops / PCs / devices, cloud-based software, using Skype, etc.
We would welcome applications from those:
- who have experience within occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, IAPT services, SEN provision, social work, or vocational rehabilitation
- with experience working within HE or FE student support (disability or mental health) or DSA funded provision (Specialist Mentoring or Specialist Study Skills)
- with experience working within job coaching, supported internships or supporting the delivery of Access to Work funded provision.
A good working knowledge of support and funding available within health and social care, education or workplace would be an advantage, but not essential.
Applicants must have their own transport or good links to public transport.
If you are looking for an exciting new project and to be part of a passionate, fast-growing team, please register your interest with us by submitting a CV and a short (one-side of A4 max) covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Applications should be addressed to Sarah Todd, Service Delivery Director, on HR@braininhand.co.uk.
This is an open application process. We typically have a number of intakes per year and so would welcome speculative applications at any time.